Spice up your SmoothieBox Green Smoothie Mix with a pinch of cayenne, some fresh grapefruit, and a dash of pineapple juice.
The citrus and spice will give your system a little kickstart and really wake you up.
And as an added benefit, cayenne chili peppers — aka Capsicum frutescens — contain the chemical capsaicin which studies have shown can help your digestive system and has other potential health benefits.
Just make sure to add some water and don’t overdo it on the cayenne; we wouldn’t want a fire-alarm fire in your mouth with this quick breakfast smoothie.
Cayenne Kick Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Green Smoothie Mix
- 2 scoops (10g) SmoothieBox Collagen
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 oz grapefruit juice or ½ whole grapefruit
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 10 oz water
- Add frozen SmoothieBox Green Smoothie mix and collagen to blender
- Pour in water and pineapple juice
- Add fresh grapefruit or grapefruit juice
- Remember just a pinch of cayenne
- Blend and enjoy!