Benefits of Peanut Protein
Although peanuts are technically legumes, they are among our top eight healthy nuts to add to smoothies. Adding protein to your vegetable and fruit smoothies is one of the best ways to make your smoothie more filling. Peanuts are packed with niacin, magnesium, and folate to assist your body in generating energy. Peanut protein is low in carbs but high in protein and fiber, making it a slow-burning fuel with a low glycemic index that’s easy to digest.
Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated (good) fat, but check your label to make sure your peanut butter brand doesn’t contain added sugar or unhealthy fats! Blending SmoothieBox’s Cacao Smoothie with a mix of protein powder and peanut butter balances energy benefits with great taste!
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Cacao Smoothie pouch
- 2 Scoops (10g) SmoothieBox collagen
- 2 Tablespoons peanut powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Oat milk
- 2 Tablespoons hot water (optional, add as needed for preferred texture)
- Blend together the Cacao Smoothie, collagen, peanut powder, peanut butter, vanilla extract, oat milk.
- If the texture is too thick, blend in two tablespoons of hot water.
- Pour and enjoy!
More Halloween Super Smoothies. Cups of Goodness
Save & Share
Send this recipe to a friend and tag SmoothieBox on Facebook and Instagram!
Get more fall smoothie recipes!
Download SmoothieBox's Fall Recipe Book »
Note: This blog was originally uploaded October 22, 2020 and was since updated and republished.
The Power of Peanut Protein (n.d) National Peanut Board.
Arnarson, A. (2019, May 7) Peanuts 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits. Healthline.com.