Healthy Recipes for Smoothies
Smoothies are easy to make, and they are rich in nutrients and essential minerals. SmoothieBox smoothies are the perfect meal replacement that is filling and delicious. If you don’t eat veggies and fruits regularly, then a SmoothieBox smoothie is great source of daily nutrition.
A Protein Smoothie Encourages Weight Loss
Some people say that they know what to do but don’t have the time.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to take up a lot of your day. You can easily make your breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner in only 5 minutes!
Smoothies are a delicious and convenient way for you to add healthy ingredients into your diet.
Although you should not replace your diet entirely with meal replacement protein shakes, they can help in weight loss and can be ideal for complementing your workout routine.
The Nutritional Benefits of Healthy Smoothie Recipes?
Protein-rich ingredients make perfect nutritious smoothie additives to your healthy recipe. Leafy greens, protein-rich nuts like almonds, peanuts, and cashew nuts, and berries have plenty of nutritional benefits to your body.
You can add protein-rich ingredients to your healthy recipe to provide your body with a slow but steady supply of energy through your mid-morning. Proteins help to build the body muscles and enhance the cell functions in your body.
Protein needs vary from one person to the other, based on their activity levels and weight. Males over 18 years should consume at least 90g of proteins, while females should eat at least 75g in their diet.
Including proteins in your healthy smoothie recipes has nutritional benefits that enhance your weight loss efforts while improving muscle gain.
A SmoothieBox subscription comes with up to 25 pouches of berry flavor smoothie mixes; that include 5 of each below flavors:
- Chocolate SmoothieBox Mix: This Smoothie Mix is packed with healthy greens for a delicious meal packed with vitamins and minerals for energy and antioxidants for great skin.
- Berry SmoothieBox Mix: This healthy smoothie recipe is full of mixed berries rich in fruity flavors, antioxidants, and nutrients that induce your feel-good hormones.
- Orange SmoothieBox Mix: This versatile and tasty healthy recipe has a healthy mix of fruits and vegetables rich in amino acids and Vitamin C. These nutrients improve brain functions and your immunity.
- Green SmoothieBox Mix: A green smoothie is great for detoxifying your digestive system and nourishing your body with essential nutrients, healthy fats, and antioxidants.
To make the perfect high protein healthy recipes, place your preferred SmoothieBox mix in a food processor, add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate flavored protein powder and a blending liquid of your choice, and blend to a smooth consistency.
For a thicker and more nutritious protein-packed smoothie, add plain Greek Yogurt until you get your desired consistency. You can also add collagen peptides packs in your smoothie for an extra-filling meal.
SmoothieBox smoothie mixes use organic, healthy ingredients with many nutritional benefits.
These are the nutritional benefits of a SmoothieBox Smoothie mix
1. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants
Berries in a SmoothieBox are rich in antioxidants that neutralize the harmful free antioxidants in your body. The nutrients also boost the immunity system against infections and diseases.
2. Optional protein add-ins
You can add grass-fed collagen peptides and protein powders as smoothie additives for more nutritional benefits.
3. Macro Balanced
A SmoothieBox pack has a balanced proportion of carbs and proteins. Unlike a high-carb diet that instantly increases your blood sugar, this smoothie gives you energy for longer throughout your mid-morning.
After your workout session, take a glass of frozen berry SmoothieBox smoothie mix for a quick energy boost and to nourish your body.
Healthy Green Smoothies
Healthy Green smoothies are a good way to get nutrients because they contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
They have been linked with weight loss, reduced risk of heart disease and cancer, improved digestion and immune system function as well as energy level ills.
If you want your green smoothie to be more filling, try adding our vegan and whey protein to the mix! Protein shakes are also an option if you're trying to gain muscle mass.
Tasty ingredients to add
Even though Green smoothies aren't everyone's favorites, there are a lot of fun ways to make them taste better without sacrificing nutritional value. Here are some great smoothie additives to include in your green smoothie:
- A little bit of honey goes a long way in your smoothie. Just a little bit is all it takes to sweeten your smoothie right up.
- Swap out the water for almond milk or coconut water. Both are rich in potassium and have healthy fats that can help curb hunger cravings throughout the day because they're filling!
- A frozen banana is naturally sweet so it's perfect if you want more of a dessert flavor with breakfast ingredients like chia seeds. Bananas are also high in fiber which helps keep blood sugar levels stable! If you need some protein try adding hemp hearts, peanut butter, or yogurt (cow, soy, dairy). The greener veggies will benefit from having something savory added to them so adding a little bit of salt will help bring out the flavor
- You can also add avocado for creaminess and fiber. This is a fan favorite because it's such a good source of healthy fats that your body needs to function properly
- Try using greek yogurt if you're going to use dairy in your smoothie since this variety has lower lactose levels
- If you don't like almonds, try swapping them out by using cashews, pistachios, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), walnuts, or pecans.
Smoothies can Help You Lose or Gain Weight in a Healthy Way
Like a diet of whole foods, you can add different ingredients to your SmoothieBox smoothie to help you gain or lose weight. To gain weight, add more bananas, almonds, thick milk products, avocado, and extra virgin olive oil to your smoothie.
To lose weight and build muscle, add more proteins like Greek yogurt, leafy greens like spinach and baby kales, and lots of mixed berries.
Use Natural Boosters for Heavy Green Smoothie Recipes
To make a more filling meal, add SmoothieBox Protein powders that are 100% natural and organic. Our protein boosters are great for weight loss; they include;
- Vanilla Vegan Protein
- Vanilla Whey Protein
- Chocolate Whey Protein
- Chocolate Vegan Protein
- Collagen Peptides
In addition to your 100% natural and organic frozen fruits and vegetables, you can add organic nutritional boosters from SmoothieBox to increase your nutrients intake.
It's not hard to add some extra protein to your smoothies. You can blend your SmoothieBox smoothie mix with vanilla yogurt, almond milk, pumpkin puree and seeds, nuts, and other milk products.
If you're looking for some easy protein, consider trying SmoothieBox's vegan and whey protein powder as smoothie additives.
Other high protein ingredients you can add
Aside from protein powder, you can also add a variety of other ingredients to your smoothie mix. For example:
- Chia seeds for added fiber and omega fatty acids;
- Flaxseed oil or ground flaxseeds as an essential fatty acid supplement;
- Cacao nibs are raw cocoa beans that contain high levels of antioxidants including flavonoids that increase blood flow while supporting heart health.
- Matcha green tea powder for its antioxidant properties and matcha's caffeine content which may provide weight loss benefits;
What are some health benefits to adding protein in your smoothies?
- Protein helps with weight loss.
- Studies have shown that people who consume protein at breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy body weight than those who eat carbohydrates or fats for their first meal of the day;
- Protein can help prevent hunger pains and encourage feelings of fullness later in the morning. This is especially helpful if you're trying to lose weight by restricting calories throughout the day.
Easy Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you're looking for a quick, easy way to make a healthy, tasty smoothie then SmoothieBox is the perfect choice for you. All you have to do is add your ingredients and press blend! Easy healthy smoothie recipes are one of the many things that come with SmoothieBox.
What are some simple things I can add to my smoothie?
- Granola is a very easy add-in if you're looking to make your smoothie more filling or to add some crunch.
- Peanut butter has a high protein and healthy fat content, making it a perfect addition to any smoothie. Peanut butter also pairs very well with our cacao smoothie mix
- Chia Seeds is a no-brainer for any smoothie. They are high in fiber and provide a great texture that's right for every type of smoothie
- Honey is a fantastic natural sweetener that makes any smoothie a little bit sweeter.
- Bananas are the perfect add-in for those looking to make their smoothie taste like dessert or get some extra potassium in their diet
- Almonds are a great addition if you're looking to make your smoothie more filling and to add some extra protein
What liquid should I blend my smoothies with?
- Water is an option for those looking for a very low-calorie smoothie. But water isn't the only option!
- Almond milk is perfect for those who want to skip out on dairy while keeping your smoothies low in calories
- Oat milk is another fantastic option that had become a fan favorite for its creamy flavor.
- Certain juices can be used depending on the kind of smoothie that you're making. Apple juice pairs well with our Green smoothie.
Order your SmoothieBox Delivery
SmoothieBox’s subscription service comes with 20 frozen mixed berry pouches for making tasty smoothies for breakfast. You can order your monthly or bi-monthly SmoothieBox for the perfect meal replacement and all-day energy boosts.
Get in touch with us today to enjoy natural tasty smoothies free from artificial sweeteners, chemicals, or other artificial additives.
Healthy Recipes for Lunch
Lunch smoothies are a great way to get in the healthy nutrients you need to stay energized and refreshed! Lunchtime is often rushed, so it's important to make sure you're eating something that doesn't take too much time or preparation. Smoothies are perfect because they only need a blender!
Ingredients to add to your lunch smoothie
For a lunchtime smoothie, you want to add ingredients that can sustain your energy levels throughout the day. so try to add ingredients like...
- Bananas: These are a great source of potassium which is an electrolyte and maintains your body's fluid balance. They also provide fiber, vitamin C, manganese, copper, and folate!
- Greens: for more nutrition, you can add spinach or kale to get in some extra iron and vitamins A & K
- Almond milk: this will give the smoothie a creamy texture and make it feel like a decadent treat
- Flaxseed oil: adding flaxseed oil gives the smoothie omega fatty acids which help reduce inflammation that causes chronic disease such as cancer. You'll also be supplying yourself with healthy fats from the oils. For even more health benefits try adding our vegan and whey protein powder.
What are some benefits of lunchtime smoothies?
- Lunchtime smoothies are a great way to get in needed nutrients without having to eat an entire meal. They're also easy on the stomach if you have acid reflux or some other gastrointestinal issue
- Lunchtime smoothies help regulate your blood sugar levels and give you energy so that you can work through lunch rather than feeling sluggish
Healthy Recipes for Breakfast
You can learn different ways of preparing a delicious smoothie from a SmoothieBox pack through healthy recipe blogs. A SmoothieBox takes the guesswork out of the preparation steps, as it comes packed in portions, with their calorie and sugar content well indicated.
Here are a few more things you can learn from healthy recipe blogs.
1. The Nutritional Benefits
If it is your first time ordering a SmoothieBox delivery, you can find different recipes, the total calories, and other nutritional benefits. Knowing the nutritional breakdown of different recipes from healthy recipe blogs will help you calculate your nutrients intake in your meal replacement smoothie.
If you are recovering from an injury, you can research the proteins and calcium intake you need to promote fast joint healing and muscle regeneration.
2. SmoothieBox and Weight Loss
Member testimonies from healthy recipe blogs give you the best insight into your weight loss journey. Discover how you can boost your recipe with proteins and essential nutrients from 100% organic SmoothieBox Ingredients.
Healthy recipe blogs also give you a rough idea of how long you should continue your smoothie recipe diet to notice any significant results. Ideally, a healthy smoothie recipe for breakfast should take the place of a high-carb breakfast diet. It’s also a healthy alternative to using artificial protein powders.
3. The Best Smoothie Flavors for Breakfast you can discover the flavor you might like best through healthy recipe blogs. Whether you need a nutritious drink for post-workouts or a healthy breakfast meal on the go, SmoothieBox gives you four tasty flavors for choice.
If you like a chocolatey smoothie rich in vitamins, proteins, and antioxidants, you can try out the Chocolate flavor. And if you prefer a fruitier taste, go for the berry smoothies with the perfect blend of wild blueberries and strawberries for a natural energy boost.
In addition, you can also customize your SmoothieBox to have all the flavors that you like.
4. Smoothie Protein Add-ins
Protein-rich smoothies nourish your body and leave you feeling full all morning. They also help you eat fewer carbs, reducing the risk of diabetes. Order the optional SmoothieBox protein add-ins such as the vanilla and chocolate whey proteins add-ins and blend in your breakfast smoothie for a rich and chocolatey flavor.
Preparing a healthy smoothie for breakfast is fast and easy with a SmoothieBox pack. In under 5 minutes, you can enjoy your favorite smoothie, saving you a lot of time in preparation.
Get in touch with us today to enjoy natural tasty smoothies free from artificial sweeteners, chemicals, or other artificial additives.
Healthy Recipes for Smoothies
Whatever you eat to start your day matters a lot. A healthy breakfast smoothie is an easy and delicious way to get a nutritious start without the hassle of cooking.
What are some benefits of drinking a healthy breakfast smoothie?
Drinking a yummy breakfast drink can help boost energy for hours, provide plenty of vitamins and nutrients including omega fatty acids, fiber, B12s (essential for brain function), protein...the list goes on!
It also helps you consume fewer calories throughout the day since it's more filling than other foods which could lead to weight loss or at least slower weight gain. Additionally, it provides opportunities for consistent energy and more mental clarity.
What should I add to my smoothie for a more balanced breakfast?
Smoothies are a great way to get many vitamins and nutrients in your diet. Here are some suggestions for smoothie additives:
- Protein powder
- Nut milk or nut butter
- Berries or bananas for some natural sweetener
- Avocados or olive oil for some healthy fats
What should I avoid adding to my smoothie?
You should be careful about adding lots of sugar as it will have a major impact on the nutritional value of your breakfast drink. Stay away from caloric ingredients like chocolate chips, peanut butter cups because they'll make a light beverage heavy which isn't good for weight loss goals. And finally, if you're looking for an extra boost in protein try adding vegan or whey protein powder
What are some other healthy breakfast options?
If you're looking for something more filling add granola and peanut butter for a simple and great tasting breakfast smoothie.
Our smoothies are easy to make, and they are rich in nutrients and essential minerals. SmoothieBox smoothies are the perfect on the go breakfast and in between meal snacks. If you don't eat veggies and fruits regularly, then a SmoothieBox smoothie is perfect for you!
Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Kids
If you're looking for a way to get your children to drink more fruit and vegetables, smoothies are a great solution. Children have an easier time drinking smoothies than eating whole fruits and vegetables. Smoothies also provide nutrition that is missing from most kids' diets.
What are the benefits of giving your child smoothies
- Smoothies are a great way to get children to drink more fruit and vegetables.
- They're easier for kids to drink than whole fruits and vegetables, which can be difficult for them to chew or swallow.
- The smoothie provides the nutrition that many children miss out on because they don't eat enough of these foods in their diet.
How does it help?
As mentioned before, smoothies provide your child with vitamins and minerals that they may not otherwise consume if you only feed them solid food all day long. One study found that 80% of the calcium intake among preschoolers is from dairy sources like milk, cheese, yogurt, etc., while only 20% comes from non-dairy sources such as fruits and vegetables.
What kind of smoothies do children prefer?
It comes as no surprise that kids prefer sweet things over others. But you don't want to give them a sugar overload. Instead, use the natural sweetness of the fruits and other ingredients in your smoothies box mixes and use subtle add-ins like dates, maple, or honey. It important to use these in moderation, so only use what's necessary to sweeten your smoothies.
How many calories should children have per day?
There are no hard and fast rules about how much kids need for daily caloric intake; yet, most experts recommend anywhere from 1200-2000 for toddlers (ages 12 months-three years) on average. It's important to track your child's calorie intake so that they do not exceed a healthy level.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
Smoothies are an easy way to get a ton of fruits and vegetables which is key for weight loss because smoothies are filling and lower in calories. Smoothies also make it less likely you'll be hungry between meals, so your stomach will stay fuller longer.
Smoothies are a good way to make your stomach feel fuller for longer. They help you lose weight because they have healthy fruits and vegetables in them. Smoothies are also good for your health because have more fiber than just eating fruit some studies say that drinking fruit before a meal makes people eat less food during that meal.
"Smoothies for weight loss"
Fruit smoothies have many benefits as well as help with weight loss: they're full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body and they provide twice the fiber that whole fruit does.
One common misconception about smoothie drinks is that they need to be high-calorie or loaded with sugar. But there are plenty of lower-calorie options you can add to your smoothie like Greek yogurt, frozen bananas, or fresh fruit.
With SmoothieBox, you can make a nutritious and filling snack or meal. You may be wondering what other ingredients to add to your smoothie to help you lose weight more during the day. A few of these include:
- fresh mint leaves
- cayenne pepper powder
- green tea extract
- a little bit of ginger root
- some lemon juice
These are some good options depending on what flavor smoothie you're making.
How to use smoothies to help with weight loss
Add smoothies to your diet for weight loss. One of the key benefits is that you are drinking fewer calories than if you were eating a meal, but still enjoying all the nutrients in whole fruit and vegetables.
- Smoothies contain lots of fiber which helps with weight loss
- Smoothies help you avoid binging on unhealthy foods between meals because they fill you up for longer periods.
- Smoothies can be a healthful snack or meal replacement to keep your weight in check
Smoothies are easy and can support your weight loss journey. They're full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Smoothies are also good because they provide twice the fiber that whole fruit does, so you'll feel fuller faster. Order a box today to help you with your weight loss journey.
Our Favorite Healthy Smoothie Recipes and More
Here at SmoothieBox, we believe our smoothies should be easy to make and convenient, but also customizable and fun! Healthy smoothies and food have become a part of our lifestyle.
Starting the journey to a more healthy lifestyle starts with trying something new and creating new habits. Why not make SmoothieBox the first step on that journey?
Some of our favorite recipes
Berry Granola Crunch Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Berry Super Smoothie pouch
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 Pitted date
- 1/4 cup granola of choice
- Add granola to your blender and pulse 2-3 times to break up granola and make for easier blending. Add remaining ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- If you like your smoothie thick, like a milkshake, start with less liquid and add as you blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour blended smoothie into your SmoothieBox insulated tumbler, or your favorite cup will do, too.
- Top with a handful of extra granola for some extra crunch.
Green Energy Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Green Smoothie Mix
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup pineapple coconut water
- Blend the Green Smoothie Mix, mango, banana, chia seeds, and pineapple coconut water until smooth.
- Pour & Enjoy!
Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
- 1 SmoothieBox Orange Super Smoothie pouch
- 1 cup whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- Blend one SmoothieBox Orange Super Smoothie pouch with yogurt, orange juice, vanilla, and agave nectar (optional) until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the smoothie into your favorite cup and enjoy!
Our favorite healthy smoothie recipes are perfect for an energizing morning or mid-day snack. We hope you enjoy these delicious, nutritious, and easy-to-make smoothies as much as we do!
If you need a little more inspiration for your next recipe, take a look at our blogs for more tips and tricks of creating the best-tasting healthy smoothies.